The N.E.B. staff considers ability, age, and maturity when placing students in appropriate class levels. Pointe class placement is based on director and instructor approval. Beginning Pointe begins approximately at the age of twelve and requires a minimum of two ballet classes per week. Pointe class is not mandatory for enrollment in Intermediate/Advanced level ballet technique classes.
- Hair should be neatly pulled back from the face and neck.
- Level A and up: Long hair should be neatly secured against the head.
- Ladies: Solid colored leotards, pink tights and ballet slippers
- Men: Unitard, leotard/t-shirt, and leggings or tights, black or white ballet slippers
- No loose clothing, pants (jazz), or dance shorts
Character Dance: Character dance shoes (preferably low-heeled) and ballet attire.
Pilates: Comfortable clothing that allows full freedom of movement, and Pilates/Yoga mat.
Alternate classes will be suggested in the event of absence. All classes must be made up during the current session.
Inclement Weather Cancellation:
N.E.B. does not automatically follow school cancellations. Please call the studio for a recorded message in the early afternoon, or check the Facebook page/website for updates.
Classes are open for parent observation during the last week of most months. Pre-Ballet observation is determined by the instructor; usually one class each semester.
- Single class payment is expected on the day class is attended.
- Tuition is non-transferable and does not carry over to a new session.
- Class cards must be used within the current session.
- Full tuition in advance: 25% non-refundable deposit due July 31st and Dec 1st, 75% balance due Sep. 1st and Feb. 1st (no admin fee)
- Installment payments (4):
- Session 1: 25% non-refundable deposit and $25 administration fee due Jul. 31st; 3 monthly payments of 25% due Sep. 1st, Oct. 1st, and Nov. 1st.
- Session 2: 25% non-refundable deposit and $25 administration fee due Dec. 1st; 3 monthly payments of 25% due Feb. 1st, Mar. 1st, Apr. 1st.
2018/2019 Tuition (per session):
Ballet for Skaters as arranged
|Class Duration (per week)||Cost/Session*|
|Pre-ballet I (45 mins)||$215|
|1 Hour Class||$250|
|1 1/2 Hour Class||$320|
|Pointe (30 mins)||$80|
|Pointe (45 mins)||$130|
|8 Hours+ (see Director)||$1200|
|Ballet for Skaters||TBD|
|Re-Intro to Ballet Workshop (8 weeks)||$128|
|Adv Adult Single Class (1½ hr)||$25|
|College Student/Senior (65+) Single Class||$15 w/ valid student ID|
|Private/Semi Private||pls call|
Tuition rates over 3 hours reflect a 5% to 25% discount (per student)
Siblings qualify for an additional 10% family discount (classes under 3 hours per week.
|Barre/Pilates Group Class||Offered on Friday mornings, contact studio|
|Reformer / Cadillac||Private sessions available by appointment|
*Payment is due by 7/31 (Fall) and 12/01 (Spring) to avoid $25 late registration fee
Mail payments to New England Ballet, 5 Eden Rd, Wayland, MA 01778