We know that some students may want online Zoom classes only, and some will want Live In-studio classes. While certain classes will be offered through Zoom only, other classes will be available as a live in-studio class with a simultaneous Zoom offering. We will continue to monitor the situation in the region and understand that we may need to run all classes virtually if conditions dictate. For those taking class in-person, we are taking the below precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our dancers and families while they take classes at NEB.
Following the health & safety rules set by the government, we must limit the number of students that can be in each dance studio for a class. Keeping social distance in our small lobby will be very challenging, which is why masks are required at all times in our building, and why we will be asking parents to pick up and drop off the students who are older outside our building whenever possible. The pacing of classes will be adapted to allow students to regain their stamina gradually as we return to class with the addition of a mask.
- For air quality, we have purchased a Medify medical grade HEPA air filtration unit for the studio that is rated to completely change the air every 30 minutes and whose filter will remove particles to .1 micron.
- In addition, windows and doors will remain open whenever possible to increase ventilation.
- All students must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer (provided by NEB) before entering and exiting the studio.
- All contact surfaces will be sanitized with approved disinfectants between classes and at the end of day; a minimum of 15 minutes between classes has been allotted for cleaning and ventilation.
- Water is the only food or drink allowed in the studio.
Physical Distancing Procedures:
- Students/Staff/Visitors will wear masks during dance class, as well as in the lobby, hall, etc.
- Each student will be assigned a marked off spot at the barre and in the center of the room. We will maintain 6 ft distancing in class even when going across the floor one at a time.
- Students should arrive dressed for class (with outer garments to cover) and arrive within five minutes of the class start time. There will be no waiting room use for family members.
Student must NOT attend in-person class IF he/she can answer YES to any of the following conditions;
- The student or a household member is experiencing any symptom of illness such as Fever, Chills, Shaking with chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Flu-like symptoms including GI upset, fatigue, body aches, muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, or New loss of taste or smell.
- The student or a household member has traveled internationally, or to a highly impacted area of the United States of America within the last 14 days.
- The student or a household member has been exposed to a suspected positive or confirmed case of coronavirus/COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- The student or a household member has been diagnosed with coronavirus/COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by health officials.